Welcome! We hope you find our website filled with useful information that’s easy to find.
It is our role in the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) to both manage the intellectual property rights of the University and to oversee industry contracts and provide a single point of contact for industry.
There are hundreds of innovations received from Emory’s world-renowned faculty that we shepherd them from the lab bench into the hands of a commercial partner. If you are not familiar with technology transfer at Emory you can view our video about this. If you are not familiar with our professional, AUTM (our professional association), has a terrific video with an overview of this work. You can also view an infographic explaining the technology transfer process.
Emory is also a signatory to the AUTM's Nine Points to Consider in Licensing University Technology.
- There are more than 100 list of signatories.
- A detailed description of the nine points is available through AUTM.
Emory also supports those in developing nations having access to innovations. We have detailed these guiding principles and made them available on our website.
As a single point of contact for industry OTT is responsible for negotiating industry clinical trial agreements, research agreements, and confidentiality agreements. The Director of Public-Private Partnerships is also part of my office. This better aligns industry contract negotiations, both clinical and non-clinical, with OTT’s focused outreach to companies looking to partner with Emory. If you want to learn more or are interested in partnering with Emory please reach out to us - we're happy to help.
You can also find me talking about hot topics in the From the Director series on our blog site.
Todd Sherer, PhD, CLP, RTTP
Associate VP for Research and Executive Director
P.S. - here is a listing of Issued Emory Patents
- Research News - Research News spotlights the latest developments in health sciences research at Emory.
- Emory Medicine - Emory Health is published quarterly for our community neighbors as well as faculty, staff, affiliates and friends of the Woodruff Health Sciences Center of Emory.
- Sound Science - Sound Science includes conversations on Transforming Health and Healing
- Health Science Videos - Hundreds of Emory health sciences videos are available. Health sciences videos are grouped into three channels: Clinical Care, Education, and Research.
- Clinical Trials at Emory - people may easily search for trials related to a specific health condition, or browse topic areas, and view quick facts about each of the individual trials.
- Centers and Institutes - The Woodruff Health Sciences Center houses numerous research centers and institutes.