News & Notes
- Emory's Raymond Schinazi, PhD receives American Liver Foundation's Distinguished Scientific Achievement Award ... View More
- Technology Transfer: What We do and Why it Matters, 2 Minute Video ... View More
- Emory Start-up: Clearside Biomedical, Inc. Announces Ongoing Results in Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial in Patients with Non-infectious Uveitis ... View More
- OTT signed an exclusive agreement with a genetics research company for a medical exome array. This technology shows promise for the analysis of medically relevant genes. It was developed by Madhuri Hedge in human genetics.
- Emory Start-ups Prove Successful in Impact, Getting Inventions to Market ... View More
- PhRMA Organization Honors Raymond Schinazi with Excellence in Academic Research Award ... View More
- Technology: One-Minute Point-of-Care Anemia Test Shows Promise in New Study ... View More
- Technology Transfer Contributes Multiple Benefits to Universities, Study Co-authored by OTT's Sherer ... View More
- Emory Licensee: Agilent Technologies Introduces New Exome Optimized for Clinical Research Sequencing ... View More
- Emory Start-up: Cambium Medical Technologies signs collaboration agreement with Gwowei Technology Company ... View More
Operating Room Table Clamp & Camera/LED Mount
Viraj Master MD, PhD
There is currently no universal clamp for operating tables available. There are instead many different clamps that are used to mount objects to the operating table. All of these clamps vary based on two design features: the shape of the mating part and the ability or lack of the ability to rotate with the pitch of the table. Surgeons and nurses must use a number of different types of clamps to fit different widgets which is both inefficient and costly. A universal design for these clamps would increase efficiency in the OR and cut down on hospital overhead. This universal clamp, made of stainless steel, is sturdier and hardier than others on the market and can be autoclaved for easy and quick decontamination. The clamp is easy to use with a universal design. It requires little time, only a few moves to mount, and uses simple, intuitive fasteners. The clamp can mate with any OR table rail as well as any shaped device or widget. Unlike comparable clamps, this clamp can accommodate pitch of the operating table, therefore maintaining the orientation of the mating device regardless of the change in the table’s pitch.